HOW TO MANUALLY UPGRADE SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME TO MARSHMALLOW
Are you still stuck on an older version of Android and want to upgrade to Marshmallow? You’re in luck! In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow manually. This method requires some technical knowledge, but if you follow the steps correctly, you’ll be able to enjoy the latest features of Android in no time.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is a budget-friendly smartphone released in 2014 running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Since then, it has received updates up to Android 5.1 Lollipop, but if you’re looking to upgrade to Marshmallow, you’ll need to do it manually. This process involves downloading and flashing a firmware file on your device, which can be risky if not done correctly. However, if you follow the steps carefully, you’ll be able to upgrade your device and enjoy the latest features of Android.
2. Before you begin
Before we begin the upgrade process, there are a few things you need to do:
- Backup your device: Upgrading your device can cause data loss, so make sure to back up all your important files, contacts, and apps before proceeding.
- Charge your device: Make sure your device is charged to at least 50% to prevent it from turning off during the upgrade process.
- Enable USB debugging: To connect your device to your PC, you need to enable USB debugging in the developer options. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Build number (tap it 7 times) > Developer options > USB debugging.
- Install Samsung USB drivers: Download and install the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC to enable communication between your device and PC.
3. Download the firmware
The first step in upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow is to download the firmware file. You can download the firmware from the SamMobile website, which provides firmware files for various Samsung devices.
Make sure to download the correct firmware file for your device’s model number and region. You can find your device’s model number in the settings or on the back of your device, and the region can be found in the device’s CSC code.
4. Put your device in download mode
To flash the firmware file on your device, you need to put it in download mode. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously until you see a warning message on the screen.
- Press the Volume Up button to enter download mode.
5. Connect your device to your PC
Next, you need to connect your device to your PC using a USB cable. Make sure to use the original USB cable that came with your device to ensure a stable connection.
6. Start the flashing process
Once you’ve downloaded the firmware file and connected your device to your PC, you’re ready to start the flashing process. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Odin software on your PC.
- Click on the AP button and select the firmware file you downloaded earlier.
- Make sure only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to begin the flashing process.
The flashing process may take several minutes to complete, so be patient and do not disconnect your device from your PC during this time.
You Can Also Read How To Solve Slow Charging Issues In Google Pixel Phones?
7. Wait for the process to complete
Once the flashing process is complete, you’ll see a green “PASS” message on the Odin software. Your device will also reboot automatically.
8. Reboot your device
After the flashing process is complete, your device will reboot automatically. This may take longer than usual, so do not panic if it takes a few minutes.
9. Verify the upgrade
Once your device has rebooted, go to Settings > About device > Software information to verify that your device has been upgraded to Marshmallow. You should see the Android version listed as 6.0.1.
10. Troubleshooting common issues
If you encounter any issues during the upgrade process, here are a few things you can try:
- Make sure you have the correct firmware file for your device’s model number and region.
- Make sure you have installed the latest Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Try using a different USB cable or USB port.
- If your device gets stuck on the Samsung logo during the reboot process, try doing a factory reset by entering recovery mode (Volume Up + Home + Power) and selecting Wipe data/factory reset.
Additional Tips and Tricks
Here are a few additional tips and tricks that can help you make the most of your upgraded Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime:
Use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer your data from your old device to your upgraded device.
Take advantage of new features such as Doze mode, which helps save battery life, and Google Now on Tap, which provides contextual information based on what’s on your screen.
Clear the cache partition regularly to improve performance.
Use a custom launcher to personalize your device’s home screen and app drawer.
Consider rooting your device to gain access to even more customization options and features.
By following these tips, you can make the most of your upgraded Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and enjoy a better overall user experience.
Upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow manually may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite straightforward if you follow the steps carefully. Just make sure to back up your device, charge it, and download the correct firmware file for your device’s model number and region. With the latest version of Android, you’ll be able to enjoy new features and improved performance on your device.
- Will upgrading my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow void my warranty?
- No, upgrading your device to a newer version of Android does not void your warranty.
- Can I downgrade my device back to an older version of Android?
- Yes, you can flash an older firmware file on your device to downgrade it to an older version of Android.
- Will upgrading my device erase all my data?
- It is possible that upgrading your device may cause data loss, so make sure to back up your device before proceeding.
- What should I do if the upgrade process fails?
- If the upgrade process fails, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned above. If all else fails, you may need to seek professional help.
- Is it safe to download firmware files from third-party websites?
- It is generally safe to download firmware files from reputable websites such as SamMobile. However, make sure to verify the authenticity of the file before downloading it.
6. Can I upgrade my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime wirelessly?
- It is possible to upgrade your device wirelessly if a software update is available. However, manually upgrading your device using Odin may be a more reliable method.
- How Long Does It Take to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow Manually?
- The upgrade process for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow manually can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the speed of your computer and the size of the firmware file. Make sure you have a reliable internet connection and that your device is fully charged before beginning the process.
- Can I Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow without a Computer?
- It is possible to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow without a computer if a software update is available. However, manually upgrading your device using Odin may be a more reliable method. Additionally, the steps outlined in this article require the use of a computer.
- What Are the Benefits of Upgrading Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow?
- Upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow can provide several benefits, including improved performance, better battery life, and access to new features such as Google Now on Tap and Doze mode.
- How Often Should I Upgrade My Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to a Newer Android Version?
- It is recommended to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to a newer Android version as soon as it becomes available. This ensures that your device is running on the latest version of Android and has access to the latest security updates and features.
- Can I Use This Method to Upgrade Other Samsung Devices?
- The steps outlined in this article can be used to upgrade other Samsung devices to Marshmallow manually, but you will need to download the correct firmware file for your device’s model number and region.
- How Do I Know If My Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Is Compatible with Marshmallow?
- If your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is running on Android Lollipop (version 5.0.2 or 5.1.1), it is compatible with Marshmallow. To check your device’s current version of Android, go to Settings > About device > Software info.
- Is It Safe to Upgrade My Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow?
- Upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to Marshmallow is generally safe, as long as you follow the steps outlined in this article carefully and make sure to back up your device before proceeding. However, there is always a risk of data loss or other issues, so proceed with caution.
- How Can I Troubleshoot Common Issues During the Upgrade Process?
- If you encounter common issues during the upgrade process, such as the device freezing or becoming unresponsive, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Disconnect and reconnect your device to your computer
- Restart your device in Download mode and try again
- Use a different USB cable or port
- Make sure the firmware file is compatible with your device’s model number and region
- If these steps do not work, you may need to seek professional help.
Meet NaDa, a tech geek with a passion for writing about the latest and greatest in the tech world. When not tapping away on their keyboard, you can find her playing video games, binge-watching sci-fi shows, or trying to code their way out of a paper bag. She firmly believes that technology should make our lives easier and bring a smile to our faces. Her writing style is a unique blend of humor and technical know-how, making even the most complex topics easily digestible. So sit back, relax, and let NaDa guide you through the ever-evolving world of technology.